Thursday, May 9, 2013

Sugar Scrub gifts

Hi there!  Well this week I have been busy with putting together teacher appreciation gifts. I decided to do a small gift each day for my youngest Samantha's two teachers. Day one we gave them the wonderful Lemon Sugar Scrub that I showed ya in a previous post along with a Yankee Candle Lemon Votive candle. Day two we gave them a Bath and Body hand soap and hand lotion. Day three{today} we gave them a pretty bouquet of flowers in a cute mason jar "mug". I have been finding amazing printable tags all over on sites I follow and Pinterest for the gifts. Seriously if you are not on Pinterest you are sooo missing out!  :0)   Well her teachers loved the gifts and they were fun to make. I did make a new sugar scrub today. I found this idea on   Echoes of Laughter, just go there to see her original post. Here is what I made...
   ~~~~~~~~ Honey Lavender Sugar Scrub ~~~~~~~~
1 1/2 c. raw sugar or granulated
1 tsp. honey
1/2 c. light olive oil
6 drops of lavender essential oil
~~mix it all together in a bowl until combined
~~scoop into jars

That's it! pretty easy right. I did find out I do not like the lavender scent so I did make another batch without it  :0)   I also changed mine a bit. I used coconut oil instead of the olive oil, and I used the raw sugar. But either way both oils are super good for the skin, so you can't go wrong, I was simply low on my olive oil and still had the coconut oil from the last scrubs I did so it all worked out. I cut a circle of lavender fabric and tied  it to the lid with some twine and a cute tag. Done! Easy, simple, and very useful~ love those kind of gifts~
here are the finished scrubs...


I think they turned out very cute. I had my daughter whip up some pretty tags for them, she is so much better at that stuff than I am! I wish I knew digital design stuff  and was more comfortable with computer stuff  :0)  As you can see by my blog it is not my specialty, oh well.
 We are also going to be starting another painting project, redoing the kids bathroom, so I will begin that this weekend. I am looking forward to starting it and finishing it ;0)  It will be very different and I am taking before and after pictures to share. Well I hope you all have a great weekend and a wonderful Mothers Day!
~*~Blessings~*~
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!