Friday, April 26, 2013

A little paper crafting...

Hi There!   Well I have been able to get a little card making done this week and have done a little bit of stitching on a candle mat I am working on. It's slow going but hey it's progress and I'm good with that  :0)   There is so much always going on with the kids school stuff, and it's getting towards the end of the year for them so they have all kinds of stuff going on. We will have a High School graduation for Austin {and let me just say I am not handling this growing up and moving on very well- I miss my little boy :(  ok I won't go on }  then we have an 8th grade graduation ceremony for Hannah, and finally a ceremony for Samantha going on to kindergarten from K-4.  Yes they are pretty far spaced out in age I know  :0)   Anyway it just seems time is flying by and as much as I want to craft and create I just don't seem to have enough time! 
 Well I did make some cute birthday cards this week. I like making like 3 or 4 at a time using the same image but just changing the colors and layout just a bit. So for these I used a super adorable stamp from Stamping Bella -they have such super cute images-  ok so this one is Abby and she is holding balloons and a cupcake and dressed in her party dress. So let me say that I did get a lil picky with three of the cards because I used my markers to color the image using different colors, not just black. Yes it was a bit time consuming but I really liked the final result. So then I just did one where I stamped the image in black. All were colored in using some colored pencils or my Stampin' Up markers. I added some embellishments and layered them with some pretty patterned paper and done. My wish list has the copic markers on it, but for now I use what I have :0)
Here are some pics....

the stamp I used, isn't she so cute!

my papers I picked to use

supplies I used, plus some ribbons and sticky jewels,
and glitter glue







the inside of the four cards, I always have to add 
a little something to the inside also

another card I made using Stampin' Up! stamps
and ink, not not sure who's paper it was though.
Like I said one day I hope to have a collection of the Copic markers to do the coloring on the card images because those markers are amazing for that, but I only have four at the moment. If you want to see some Amazing cards go check out my friend Jeanie at thespottedchick.blogspot.com  ,boy she does beautiful work.


so I also made a Lemon sugar scrub, that I found the idea and recipe 
on Pinterest ~I seriously LOVE Pinterest!!!~  You 
can go here and it will take you to the site I got it from,
which is I Heart Naptime and I love her site! So go 
check it out and it would be perfect for a Mothers Day gift :0)

Well that's all for this week, I hope you have a great weekend! My son has his senior prom on Saturday and Hannah has her 8th grade spring dance the same night so I will be sharing those pictures next week :0)
~*~Blessings~*~
Jen





No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!