Thursday, February 14, 2013

Whatcha workin' on...

Ok so as you can see my Whatcha workin' on Wednesday over flowed into Thursday this week!
 I made sugar cookies to take into my Samantha's class party today and I made the cookies last night and waited to frost them until this morning, so that's how this post is a lil' late  :0)  So the recipe for these super yummy cookies I found on I Heart Naptime and just had to try them -I have to say my favorite cookie is a simple sugar cookie- yummmm!  ok moving on, you can find this recipe for the cookies and frostings  HERE  and let me say they turned out sooo yummy, I made mine with the butter cream frosting. I just love her site!
 I also have been busy putting a fresh coat of paint on my master bedroom and bathroom. I started with the trim and am so in love with the color, mind you I have been looking for awhile for the right color that I have been envisioning in my head  :0)  I wanted a prim brown tone with slight touches of a grey green in it!?!  ya your probably thinking I am crazy but I knew what I wanted and it was just finding it. I did then at Home Depot, the color is called Cacao from Behr. I LOVE it  and it's even better up on the trim :0) I put the last coat on yesterday and so this afternoon I will remove all the tape, then next week I will start the walls. That is going to be a huge project! we have high ceilings and I am not looking forward to it, but I want this checked off the to do list so I will just turn my music up and paint away! I am taking pictures as I am going so I can do a post of the new rooms, can't wait!
 Then I have also been putting together Samantha's Valentines for her class and teachers. She wanted to decorate bags so we used white lunch sacks and she put glitter foam hearts on them and topped them with a red doilie tied with some bakers twine for the kids and filled them with goodies. For the teachers I filled bottles -starbucks frap drinks- that I had with pink Hershey kisses and tied a glitter tulle bow on each, with a cute tag, and covered the lid. Then Sam made a card for each teacher. I love saving bottles and containers to reuse like that!
So here are some pics of my Samantha and those super yummy cookies I made and Valentine goodies...


teacher gifts



sugar cookies



Samantha ready for a party


Samantha and her cookies 

Have a super sweet Valentines Day!!!
~*~ Blessings ~*~
Jen



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!