Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Salted caramel cookies and brownies

So I just wanted to share this recipe for these super yummy desserts. I can't remember if I saw this first on pinterest or another blog. I know thats bad to not write it down but I didn't. I took a box of cookie dough mix and mixed it up as it said then I rolled it into balls and put each ball into a mini muffin pan that I sprayed with pam. I baked them about 15 min. at 350 but it will depend on how big you make the balls of dough. When they come out of the oven I used the end of a scoop to make indentions, then let it set for a couple minutes before I put them onto a cooling rack to finish cooling. I then melted 1 1/2 cups of caramels with 1Tbsp. of water until smooth, then added 2Tbsp. milk and stirred well. Next I poured the caramel into each cookie cup then sprinkled coarse salt on top. That's it! and boy are they yummy!!
  So my idea was to take the same concept and make brownie cups instead of cookie cups. OK so this is my FAV! these were sooo good. I used the pilsbury brownie mocha mix. My fav starbucks drink is the salted caramel mocha so this was just like that!! Super yummy, you should try them. You can use whatever cookie or brownie recipe you like. Here are some pics...


cookie dough balls ready to bake

making the indention


filling with caramel


Adding the salt

Ready to eat!  Yummm
 
The Brownie cups
 As you can see there are flecks of color in the cookie dough cups, thats because I used a Pilsbury Halloween box mix and it had sprinkles in the mix. I will warn you they are bite sized so you will want to eat more than you probably should  :0)

~~What you will need:
                Favorite cookie mix or brownie mix and prepared as needed
                Mini muffin pan
                No stick spray

            Filling: 
                    1 1/2 cups of caramels unwrapped
                    1 Tbsp. water
                    2 Tbsp. milk
                    2 Tbsp. coarse salt

Pre heat the oven to 350
Prepare your cookie or brownie mix as needed and roll into about 1 1/2 inch balls.
Spray your mini muffin pan with cooking spray
Put a dough ball into each muffin spot, if making brownies just fill about 2/3 full
Bake for about 15 min. it will vary so just keep checking them
After they come out of the oven use the end of a spoon or whatever to make the indention
Cool a couple min in the pan then remove to a cooling rack to finish cooling
Melt caramels and water till smooth
Add milk and stir well
Pour into each cookie or brownie cup, be careful not to overflow  :0)
Sprinkle coarse salt on top and thats it!
Enjoy!

~Have a wonderful and Blessed Thanksgiving!~
   Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!