Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Hannah's Zebra and Pink Party!

Happy Birthday Hannah!!
Well Hannah and I have been planning her 13th birthday party for quite awhile now. Hannah knew she wanted a zebra and bright pink theme. We both just love to go onto the party websites like www.karaspartyideas.com and look at all the absolutely amazing parties people create. So we set out to create an amazing party. I have always loved decorating for my kids birthday parties, I even covered our entire ceiling in blue streamer with sea animals hanging from fishing line, to create an under the sea effect for my son. That was a long time ago :) Anyway, Hannah had all the input as to what she wanted. She wanted a candy buffet in her theme, she also wanted her cake a specific way and she decorated it herself with a little help from mom {me} We tried to make everything ourselves. The banner we made, I punched out black circles from cardstock and attached each one behind the zebra cardstock to get the scallop look I wanted. Took more time but the end result was great. Hannah found a font she liked and made them the size she wanted on my computer and printed them out on pink cardstock and we cut them out. We threaded each letter block onto pink tuelle and hung it all up. We draped more pink tuelle and black pompom trim across the front of the table for bunting and Hannah added the little tissue pom to the center. Each jar of candy had a cute label of what was inside and some ribbon wrapped around it or tied to it. Hannah tied ribbons to the scoops and we added a Thankyou label, we made, to the zebra bags we ordered from www.cakesandkids.com We bought some candy at the store and then ordered the rock candy, watermelon licorice, strawberry candies from www.ohnuts.com then ordered the blackberry candy sticks from www.candywarehouse.com So I have to say one of my favorite things was the way we displayed the cupcakes. I took an old black candle holder/chandilier and tied ribbons and tuelle all over it then set the cupcakes in the candle cups and they fit perfect! I LOVE how it looked! Hannah decorated the cupcakes, she didn't want anything on them so you just saw the pretty piped icing :) Did I mention she would like to goto pastry school {grin}    I baked the cake layers and Hannah rolled out the fondont in white and black. I helped roll pink fondont into small balls and Hannah made all the zebra stripes from the black. She assembled it all herself and I have to say she did AWESOME! We also made peanut butter cookie blossoms with the hugs kisses-yummo-   Well her friends loved the candy buffet ~of course :) and it was all a big hit with family also so I guess I would say we did it together and it was an amazing 13th birthday! Take a peek at our pictures and have a great day!  








 





                                                   

Hannahs zebra cake she decorated


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!